Monday, January 03, 2011

Focus

I don't really make resolutions aloud. I used to. But inevitably I would fail to keep it and someone would remind me that I made the resolution. They wouldn't really lord it over me that I failed, but it would bug me all the same. One thing I'm good at is procrastination. I always have the best intentions to get things done, but allow too many things to distract me. Sometimes, there are things I have to attend to - like hungry kids, or a husband needing a snuggle! The things that pull me away are wasting time type things such as playing a computer game or watching a show that I've seen before multiple times.

I need to learn to focus. Even when I was working, I would let things distract me. I loved fixing keywords and updating notes. I spent probably a little too much time doing those things. I'd end up working an extra hour to get my daily work done. I should have made note of those little fixes and then done them when I had plenty of time. I vowed not to do that on my next job.

This year I'm making resolutions that I'm not telling anyone about - well, except here on this blog. Those who are around me probably won't see them because I haven't advertised to everyone that I have a blog! So for better or worse, I'm going to learn to focus on getting things done that I have planned for the day. I want to focus on my health and eating habits. I want to focus on being a better wife and mother.

So my word for the year is focus. It will become my mantra - the first word I think of in the morning,throughout the day, and the last thing I think of before bed. Focus on what I need to accomplish each day and make sure I accomplish everything on my list.

Focus.

No comments: